Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Star Wars Coolness! Pwnd!! l33t!!!

Ok T and L!
I know you think I'm a wonderful influence on your children... or should I say my converts.
Here is some picture positive proof of that influence!

The date: July 25th/26th.
The time: 10:45 PM - 2:00 AM
The location: Toys R Us
The occasion: Midnight releasing/opening of the new Merchandise for Star Wars: Clone Wars... including new SWPM!!!!!! The people: Leah and Myself and a whole bunch of other Star Wars GEEKs, and a guest appearance by the 501st Legion! Led by Darth Vader himself!!!
Here are some pics:

So here is all the stuff i brought home at 2am!!! i piled it on the coffee table to freak out my wife.
It worked!!
Theres Leah putting together her SWPM! GEEK!
Oh we are watching Episode III while we play with our toys BTW
more STUFF
Yeah Leah doesn't look so good at 2 am either!
Here is the display in TRU note the empty wall behind the guy with the wierd headgear. Totally sold out!!
Some of the Jedi Knights... just curious, why are they all LARGE and the troopers so thin??
They had the SWEET! FX Lightsabers!!!!!
BEAH!
More female geekiness! She's hooked folks!!
I couldn't contain my excitement!!!
As you can see waiting in line there was quite the display of Stormtroopers and Clone troopers
These guys were great btw! No one was aware they were even coming and at around 11:30 ish all of a sudden here they came into the parking lot out of the night.
They are known as the 501st Legion. http://www.501stlegion.org/index.php
They make their own costumes and do events for charity. They have their own trading cards, gear, squadron patches. They are worldwide but this particular splinter was located near the Grand Rapids area. They were awesome! They let everyone take pictures and talk about whatever and hold their Sabers and guns! it was cooooooool!
This guy was hilarious! and obviously a big fan of Hannah Montana (Who I in no way endorse at all!!!!!)

Me and Captain Rex!
These guys really authenticate their costumes! They do all the battle damage effects and wear on them!

Captain Rex and the Gray Cheek Clone Trooper (ill give more on him later)
The line 200 strong
We were about # 20 in line!!! YESSSSS
Everyone loved my shirt!
Oh and it was a cool night but they were all roasting!!
I could be a trooper....
This was a girl in the costume, the kids was disappointed too! lol
Vader with a guy next to us in line. The costume was awesome! He just stood there and breathed...
Captain Rex again!
Jedi Lightsabers going to town!
These guys were nuts!!
Oh so the Gray Cheeked Clone Trooper. He actually showed up the next day at a TRU without his gear on and we chatted for a bit, he was a pretty cool guy. I asked about his Uni and he said he got it from a guy in Episode III. He was the trooper in a 5 second clip that killed Aayla Secura in execution of Order 66. Pretty neat costume!
Fat Knight... you'd think the Force was easier on the body...

VADER

This guy was skipping down the parking lot and doing funny dances!

Poser

8 comments:

Weadock Family said...

I think you should look for an additional job--you have waaaay too much time to waste. Or, try to find a way to give your extra time to people like me who have waaaaaaaay too much work to do.

Abby said...

Tim, I can not believe how much you spent on all that JUNK. You should be saving every last penny for diapers.

Anonymous said...

What did your shirt say?

Leahbea said...

ok guys lighten up!
It was really fun I had a great time with my Brother.
Even though He was a lil hyper and couldn't stop saying
"THIS IS SO COOL!"

Tim said...

Thanks Bea! finally someone sticking up for me!!

Oh and I have an extra job lynnE!
I changed my work schedule to 4 10h days and am working with my dad on my day off...

so there!
I work about 50h a week now!

and im doing my math too!!!!!

oh and AbBy, i am taking it all back, just so you know... i did it to freak out Rhi... it worked!!

My shirt said "Imperial Domination"

Sarah Rose said...

the outfits r soooooo cool

T.Weadock said...

It looks like the Jedi nerds are preparing for Episode 7: The Donut Wars.

Unknown said...

THAT AINT CAPTAIN REX. THATS COMANDER DEVISS